I tried making this at home after thinking about how much I loved McDonald’s Egg Muffins when I was non-veg. I tried to somehow make a vegetarian version of Egg Muffins! It was divine.
Here’s the result!
It was really easy too! Great for a weekend brunch 😉
The most important step is marinating the tofu so the flavour and colour gets absorbed properly.
Here’s a picture of how the tofu pieces should look after marinating it:
B’s Tofu Breakfast Muffins with Quorn Bacon
Makes: 4 Muffins
- Half packet of firm tofu cut into big rectangles (see picture above)
- Quorn Bacon Slices
- 4 Muffins
- Cheese Slices
- Seasoning: Turmeric Powder, Soya Sauce, Chilli Powder, Salt, Pepper (Mix in a bowl
- Place kitchen towel under and over tofu pieces to absorb extra moisture. Leave for half an hour.
- Marinate the tofu with the seasonings mentioned above.
- After half an hour, pan-fry the tofu patties till they are done (a bit crispy on both sides).
- Pan fry the bacon slices.
- Assemble with cheese in the muffins.
Enjoy it with any sauce you like 😉 I had it with BBQ sauce and baked beans on the side with hash browns!