Hello everyone 🙂 I’ve been experimenting with Scones lately. I altered the BBC recipe a bit to make coconut scones. I had to make these twice as I was unsure of the amount of coconut to put in it. The first go, I used 50g of coconut. The second go, I increased it a bit to suit my palette more!
I tried different shapes, just for fun!
B’s Coconut Scones
Bakes: About 12 small scones, but I made some big funky shapes instead.
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 55g Butter
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 75g Fine Desiccated Coconut
- Pinch of Salt
- 150ml milk
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Mix together the flour, salt and rub the butter. Make sure the butter is cold. This ensures softer scones.
- Add in the coconut and sugar. Mix in the milk and knead lightly to a dough.
- Move to a floured surface and cut the shapes required.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, till golden on the top.
- Serve with butter. 🙂
I personally like this the best with just butter as you can then appreciate the taste of the coconut. I raised the amount of sugar in this recipe as a result. As served with butter, it should be a bit sweeter than a normal scone that is served with jam.
YES, the FOODIE thought about it properly! Give it a go. You know you want to!
- Cheese and Herb Scones (londoneats.wordpress.com)
- Brownies & Scones (fairuzloy.wordpress.com)
- Amazingly Yummy Low Carb Scones (awesomeashild.com)