Hello all! I’ve been so busy working on the Update for Envylope! It has beautiful themes to choose from (I guess I find them beautiful may coz I did the designing LOL). Hopefully it’ll be out next week! I haven’t been doing much experimentation cooking to be honest. Hope to in the next few weeks. I made Almond Pastry this week for guest for tea. It’s a friends recipe from Bangkok – so I can’t take credit for it… But its very nice, easy and yummy! Here are pictures to entice you 🙂
Don’t they just look lovely? And here are some close-ups!
Easy Almond Pastry
Bakes: A huge batch
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 packet Jus-Rol Puff Pastry
- Some milk for brushing
- Preheat oven as shown on package.
- Put almonds in a food processor till its fine.
- Melt butter. Mix butter, almonds & sugar in a bowl.
- Roll out pastry and cut in small squares.
- Fill pastry with filling and close it. It doesn’t matter exactly how you close it, as it looks nicer when it opens up a bit in the oven anyways!
- Pop in the oven and check on it. Should be done by 12-15 mins! 🙂
Yeap and that’s it. It’s really easy! Also, because you brush it with milk instead of egg – it’s vegetarian, this makes it easy with all types of guest. Let me know what you think!
- Brus.h some milk in the oven