Hello! I’ve been trying popcorn at home. I’ve adapted my recipe from this blog. I really can’t believe how incredibly easy it is to make popcorn. Not to mention – how cheap it is too! (Cinemas mark up the price by 1000% or more! HAHAHA) Popcorn is best eaten when its warm 😉 Actually I love sweet popcorn (cinema-style) and have tried 2 different recipes but am not fully satisfied with the outcome. So if anyone knows a good one, please leave me a comment or link!! 🙂
And here’s the picture of my home-made popcorn:
B’s EASY STOVE-TOP HOMEMADE POPCORN RECIPE
Makes: Enough for 2 hungry people
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 4 tbsp oil (enough to cover entire base of pan)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Put oil in pan on medium heat,
- Add kernels and give it a shake to ensure kernels are coated evenly with oil.
- Put the lid on the pan (loosely) to allow air to escape.
- Give the pan a bit of a shake.
- Kernels will pop in 1-2 mins.
- Transfer popped corn (LOL poped corn = popcorn! LOL) in a bowl and drizzle with butter and salt.
Note: Putting half the amount of salt in the oil works well too. 😉 Do as you prefer!!
- Fun Food For Kids & Homemade Popcorn (fitaustinmom.com)
- Popcorn (fcjackson92.wordpress.com)
- Popcorn (emilyjaynehouse.wordpress.com)
- Caramel Popcorn (havingagointhekitchen.wordpress.com)