I really really wanted custard last night. So yes, I made custard at 11 pm and made a variation for my husband with Milo. It came out really really yummy for chocolate lovers!
So I made normal eggless custard and added milo to it. I was pretty generous with the milo as you can see. While it was on the fire I whisked it so it became a smooth chocolately (it’s a word I swear! hahaha) custard.
It was good… Hmmm… The husband loved it.
B’s Eggless Milo Custard Recipe
Makes: Enough for two hungry people.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp custard powder
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- vanilla essence to taste
- generous amount of milo (optional)
- Boil milk with sugar until its dissolved.
- Add evaporated milk.
- Mix custard powder in a bowl with water till there are no lumps. Add to the milk and whisk.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Custard is ready 🙂 Add milo and whisk if you want a chocolate mixture!
Note: I love custard and can eat it with anything! When my sisters were here, we had it over scones topped with Nutella. That was really good 🙂 The leftover custard can be refrigerated in a bowl. It will set in a few hours and can be eaten cold! 🙂
Enjoy this simple vegetarian dessert 🙂
- LEFTOVER: Custard + Rice = Rice Pudding (hungeristhebestchef.wordpress.com)
- Creamy Caramel Custard that melts-in-the-mouth (wishesh.wordpress.com)