Hello all… It’s Foodie Friday again! Yipppeee. Thought I’d blog about something easy, fatty and British. JACKET POTATOES. Simple to make and yummilicious (It’s a word I swear- well it is one in Sparkle Bubble hahaha!). Here’s an easy recipe!
Hmmm.. Doesn’t that just look delish? Ok and sort of like a heart-attack on a plate, but we can ignore the fat part. Whenever I indulge in Jacket Potatoes it becomes my brunch. I think that honestly compensates for how heavy it is. Spreading it across two meals makes it justifiable. Yes, I love making myself feel better. Hahahaha!
B’s Easy Jacket Potatoes
Bakes: 4 servings, well if you use 4 potatoes. 😉
- 4 Jacket Potatoes
- 2 tins of Heinz Chilli Beans
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Wash the potatoes.
- Cut a cross in the middle of the potato.
- Poke all sides with a fork for even baking.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 mins.
- In the meantime, put beans in a pot and add salt, pepper and any desired seasoning.
- After the potato has baked, open the potato up gently and butter the inside.
- Pour baked beans generously and top up with cheese.
- Return dish to oven till cheese is bubbly!
Note: You can serve this with coleslaw as it goes very well. I’ve also made Jacket Potatoes with different toppings such as: Veg Tuna and Quorn Minced Meat.
- Cooking Jacket Potatoes (jamiesdinners.wordpress.com)
- My Perfect Potato (idiosyncraticeye.wordpress.com)