Hey guys! I’ve been experimenting with different vegetarian egg recipes. Simply because I miss eating egg (I used to love the flavour and how versatile it is!) It’s a good alternative to my tofu scramble recipe.
I tried out this recipe after searching for a few online, adjusted it here and there to my liking. And after 1-2 tries came up with this. It’s DELISH and its a Frittata. And it’s eggless. Eggless FRITTATA. Okay, so the funny thing is when I made this my husband had no clue what a frittata was, but he loved the name. LOL. Can’t blame him though, as he’s been vegetarian all his life (yes he’s missed out, but it is a cleaner life!) I definitely agree that frittata is a pretty cool name!
And a closer look…
B’s Eggless Tofu Frittata
Makes: One tray
- Firm tofu (1 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Handful of goats cheese
- Few veg sausages, baked and cut up into bite size pieces
- Few potatoes, steamed and diced
- 1 tbsp besan flour
- 1 veg stock cube (I used Knorr but it really doesn’t matter much!)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Some salt, pepper, chilli powder to season
- Blend tofu with some water (1/2 cup or so) and flour, stock cube and seasonings. The consistency should not be too watery and not too thick. It should be similar to a pancake mix (just a bit thicker).
- Lay “veggie sausages” on the base of the oven-proof dish.
- Pour mixture over it.
- Top it off with the 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. (Check to see if its firm)
- Top with goats cheese right after its out of the oven (we only need it to slightly melt!)