Prior to being Vegetarian, one of my favourite combinations was scrambled egg with rice. Growing up I used to have it like fried rice, more like butter-glistening rice with egg. It was my go-to comfort food 🙂
I’ve now found a replacement to suit my new vegetarian lifestyle. It’s been 10 years. It’s definitely a commitment that I hope would be life-long. So anyways! I made tofu scramble for lunch yesterday, didn’t want it to have butter/oil or any fat. So here’s a low fat, protein filled easy recipe.
But hold on – first have a sneak peak...
It was yummy! Packed with flavour and grilled asparagus on the side. 🙂
All you need is:
B’s Tofu Scramble
Makes: Enough for 1 (or 2 if you are eating with something else on the side)
- 1 packet Firm Silken Tofu (refer to the picture)
- Seasoning: Turmeric, Red Chilli Powder, Soya Sauce, Salt, Pepper
- Put the block of tofu in the pan. Keep mashing it. All the excessive water to evaporated.
- It usually takes around 5-7 minutes on high flame.
- Keep mashing. When it is dry and resembles egg, start seasoning.
- Start off with some Turmeric (about 1/2 tsp) to give it an egg color.
- Add chilli powder, soya sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
Note: I like a lot of flavour, as a result I add a lot of seasoning. Always remember that tofu, unlike egg is rather bland. Season away!
Enjoy it with brown rice and a side or even on top of savoury waffles with sausages. (I have had that before too, and it was really good!) 🙂