Hello happy humans! It’s Friday 😉 I love sleeping in on Saturday – the feeling is just magical. So I’ve had a busy day involving completing my App’s ICON! How amazing is that? I’m terribly excited. 🙂 Coming back to Foodie Fridays – I’ve been eating healthy food at home to compensate for fatty food that will be coming my way (weekend). I had udon noodles and veggies at home – and thought it would be a healthy vegetarian lunch for my husband and I. It’s been so cold in London, so it was really comforting as well. This is an easy meal to whip up too when you are busy but do not want to eat out of a packet! 🙂
FYI: Work with two pans – it’s faster and easier to serve the noodles then pour the soup mixture on top!
And the end result:
Healthy veggies & tofu 🙂
B’s Kitsune Udon (Japanese Noodle Soup)
Makes enough for 2 people
- 2 packets Udon Noodles
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 5-7 mushrooms, chopped
- Asparagus, chopped
- Some tofu, chopped in cubes
- Seasoning: 1 tsp Mushroom Seasoning Powder, 1 TBSP Miso Paste, 1 cube of OXO Vegetarian Stock, pepper, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp soya sauce
- Cook Udon noodles – boil in water (follow package instructions)
- Put about 1 tbsp of sesame oil and stir fry mushrooms. After a few minutes add carrot then asparagus. Add a bit of water and cook.
- Add water and miso paste. Keep stirring till fully dissolved, Add soup stock and all seasoning. Add the tofu.
- Serve on top of noodles!
Note: Kitsune Udon is usually prepared with fried tofu which is available in Asian Shops. It has a spongy texture and absorbs flavour very well. However the fat sitting on my stomach right now is not allowing me to eat that kind of tofu. SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. Low fat. You can change the veggies to your liking – I just used up what I had in my pantry!
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! I’m going for some retail therapy this weekend. It’s been a hectic week -that’s why I’ve barely posted!