Yes exactly. Paris = Eiffel Tower!
It was very glamorous at night. However, in the daytime – it’s rather disappointing. I’d suggest to see it at night first, otherwise your disappointment might leave a bad taste in your mouth. And perhaps even a quattro formaggi pizza would not be the cure.
Yes – it does not reflect the image often shown in movies. LOL!
We had gone to Paris for our first weekend being married. Our weekend – mini honeymoon! What a romantic surprise by my husband! The perks of living in London is that Europe is just a stone away. We were unable to go for a lengthy honeymoon like most couples as my husband was still new in his job and leave was a problem! Oh well – when life throws you lemons – you take them along to Paris and drink lemonade over the weekend! 😉 I was disappointed at the time, but what can we do!
We stayed in Novotel, which worked out really well as it was a 10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. Highly recommend the hotel as you can’t go wrong with Novotel!
Things to do in Paris over 2 days:
- See the Eiffel tower at NIGHT
- Go on the top of the tower (pre-book to avoid having to queue up!)
- Take a cruise along Seine River to view all the major sights
- Go to the Louvre (the actual Mona Lisa is a bit disappointing)
- Walk at Gallery Lafayette and you might bump into a friend from Singapore like I did (I was beyond stunned when I heard my name being shouted across the mall. When you have such a unique name – you know its YOU when you hear it!)
- Stroll around Champs Elysees and learn to pronounce it too! Quite a challenge!
- Eat 4 cheese pizza – it’s a good excuse for a cheat cheesy day!!
A Little Cafe opposite the Eiffel Tower! I just love my cheese. Yum!! 🙂
Gallery Lafayette.. Beautiful architecture and many shops! If you’re going with your husband/boyfriend make sure you’re extra nice to him before… Then you might end up with many gifts 😉 HAHAHA!