I have so many articles to post that I haven’t! Here’s the latest one on Zurich 🙂
One of my latest recipes to incorporate “daal’ in my diet without having it in the traditional sense! I’ve been trying to be on a more dairy-free diet and am attempting to cut down on processed food. This was a result of it, my mom used to make this for me when I lived in Australia, and called it “chill”. I’ve tweaked it here and there – to my taste!
Hope you like this. 🙂
It’s best eaten with green chutney, tamarind chutney and Indian pickles.
Savoury Masala Lentil Pancakes
Makes: 6-8 Pancakes
- 2 Cups of Lentils (half red, half yellow)
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Capsicum
- 1/2 tsp of Ginger
- Handful of Spinach
- Seasoning: Salt, Pepper, Cumin Powder (1 tsp), Turmeric Powder (1/4 tsp), Chaat Masala (1/2 tsp), Garam Masala (1/4 tsp), Coriander Powder (1/2 tsp), Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Soak lentils in water for approximately half an hour.
- Wash lentils throughly and transfer into a blender.
- Add some water (about 1/2 cup at first) and blend with ginger.
- The consistency should resemble a pancake mixture, add water accordingly.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and add the seasonings.
- Cut the green chillies, capsicum, tomato and spinach finely.
- In a pancake non-stick pan, spray some oil.
- Pour the batter. After a minute, add some vegetables.
- With a spatula, press it in gently. Sprinkle some red chilli powder.
- Flip to the other side.
An easy recipe that’s healthy and vegan.