Hello everyone! A popular dish in Asia is Satay, which consist of skewers of veggies/meat. This is topped off with a rich peanut sauce. Truly indulgent!
I’ve tried making this slightly healthier with mixing almonds and walnuts in a peanut-based sauce. It came out creamy & simply delish! Had this with veggies and noodles for a “Vegeterian Satay Noodle” dish.
Peanut, Almond & Walnut Satay Sauce Noodles
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 10-12 walnuts
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 green chilli
- little brown sugar (1/2 tsp or more to taste)
- Sauces to taste: Soya Sauce (Dark/Light), Lingam Chilli Sauce (Sweet Chilli), Hot Chilli Sauce, Ketchup
For the noodles:
- Tofu (pan fried into cubes)
- 1 packet of noodles
- Take all the sauce ingredients and blend with some water with a high powered blender. FYI, I use a Nutribullet, which works fine!
- Boil mixture in a pan till flavours are well combined.
- Add sauces to taste.
- In a separate pan, sauté the vegetables with some oil.
- Add Chinese yellow noodles and combine.
- Add peanut sauce and mix.
- Garnish with some fresh vegetables.
I used to eat Satay Noodles in this vegetarian restaurant in Darling Habour in Sydney. I would meet my dad once a week during his break from meetings and my break from Uni. My sister would time her break similarly and we all would meet there! I was reminiscing and thought I should try making SATAY NOODLES at home, with a bit of a healthier twist. FYI – sauces are very unhealthy, next time I’ll try going completely natural without any sauce. Let’s see how that pans out!
For now – I’m looking forward to Boxing Day Sales!!