I tried making this at home after thinking about how much I loved McDonald’s Egg Muffins when I was non-veg. I tried to somehow make a vegetarian version of Egg Muffins! It was divine.
Here’s the result!
It was really easy too! Great for a weekend brunch 😉
The most important step is marinating the tofu so the flavour and colour gets absorbed properly.
Here’s a picture of how the tofu pieces should look after marinating it:
B’s Tofu Breakfast Muffins with Quorn Bacon
Makes: 4 Muffins
- Half packet of firm tofu cut into big rectangles (see picture above)
- Quorn Bacon Slices
- 4 Muffins
- Cheese Slices
- Seasoning: Turmeric Powder, Soya Sauce, Chilli Powder, Salt, Pepper (Mix in a bowl
- Place kitchen towel under and over tofu pieces to absorb extra moisture. Leave for half an hour.
- Marinate the tofu with the seasonings mentioned above.
- After half an hour, pan-fry the tofu patties till they are done (a bit crispy on both sides).
- Pan fry the bacon slices.
- Assemble with cheese in the muffins.
Enjoy it with any sauce you like 😉 I had it with BBQ sauce and baked beans on the side with hash browns!
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Corn Muffins (rantsfrommycrazykitchen.com)
- A Vegan Approach to Eggs on Toast – VeganMoFo (anodetomungbeans.wordpress.com)
- Egg VcMuffin (thequeenvkitchen.com)
6 thoughts on “Foodie Fridays: Tofu Breakfast Muffins with Quorn Bacon = B’s Eggless Egg Muffins Recipe!”
looks like a good way to start the day–please tell me more about quorn. Don’t see it much in the U.S., but I’ve always been curious.
Quorn is a meat-alternative product. The texture and taste is pretty accurate to the real thing! It’s a micro protein made out of mushroom. Only thing is – it’s not suitable for vegans as it does contain egg white as a binding agent… Hope that helps!
Yummy! I am normally a must-have-bacon type of girl when it comes to breakfast & brunch food, but now I want to try your dish! The tofu looks and sounds delicious with the seasoning.
You should! It’s healthy too 🙂 Let me know if you try it! xx
It really was! Sorry for the extremely late reply. Didn’t realise that I hadn’t replied!