My little sis baked for my husband sugar cookies for me to bring back for him. Heart warming gesture. He completely adores this 10-year-old from Singapore.
And so do I. Baking with a kid just makes the experience so much more fun. 🙂
While baking the night before my flight – I snuck in bites of cookie dough. I’ve always loved the dough more than the actual cookie. Although, in this case – this recipe is quite debatable as the thought of both make my mouth water.
So we baked eggless sugar cookies that came out yummy. She had found a recipe online and we modified it a bit. Hope you enjoy them 🙂
Warning: Sugar High might be on a High!
Eggless Sugar Cookies
Bakes 30-35 cookies (depending on size)
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg = 1/4 cup carnation milk + 1 tsp custard powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together butter and sugar using a beater. Beat in egg replacement.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour and baking powder.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour.
- Mix dough up again – as it might be a bit dry. Make into small balls and flatten.
- Bake for 8-10mins on a cookie sheet (I always use cookie sheets – no greasing needed!) Take cookies out when a bit golden on the top. Do not over bake as it’s best when its neither not too soft and not too crisp.
Note: Cookie does not spread, so you can bake many at one go. With this recipe I noticed that two trays were suffice.
*Baby Sis wanted to call them Smurf cookies – so she added blue colouring to some of the dough 😉
- Easter Cookie Recipes, Easter Sugar Cookies (potterybarnkids.com)
- How I learned to bake, and the best brown sugar cookies you’ll ever have (chezsasha.com)
- Quick & Easy Sugar Cookies (davidthompsoncafeteria.wordpress.com)
- Sugar Cookie Tacos (kissmyingredients.com)
- Classic Cookies (withacupofmilk.wordpress.com)
- Giant Chocolate Sugar Cookies (dessertcrisis.wordpress.com)