Just made dinner (Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta) and thought homemade breadsticks would be the perfect side. I wanted something easy to be honest as I’m pretty tired. Although saying that, compromising the taste is not an option for me. Bisquick. Quick being the key word was an effervescent moment. This just seemed perfect.
I’d come across Betty Crocker’s Recipe a few days ago and tried it out today.
It was simply delectable considering how easy it was. It was more beautiful than my picture. It was definitely one of those moments – love at first bite. You must try it out.
Olive and Cheese Breadsticks
Makes: About 15
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix (All-purpose Baking)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Mlk to brush on the sticks
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, cheese and olives until soft dough forms. Place dough on surface dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
- Divide dough into 15 equal parts. Roll each into a breadstick about 8 inches long. Place on cookie sheet.
- Brush milk over dough. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm with olive oil or marinara sauce for dipping.
**Note the recipe is exactly the same as the Betty Crocker link. I’ve only changed brushing the breadsticks with egg to milk. Now it’s completely vegetarian!
- Bisquick Gluten Free Recipes (keepcalmandjustrun.wordpress.com)
- Easy French Cheese Garlic And Herb Breadsticks (cupcakepedia.wordpress.com)