Hello all! Yesterday I wanted to eat a Jacket Potato but without all the cheese, just something different. So I whipped this up – to add to B’s easy collection of Recipes 🙂
And then I thought.. Let me just add Chia Seeds to it for a boost in health 😉
Vegetarian Tuna Avocado Jacket Potato with Chia Seeds
Bakes: How ever many potatoes you bake, I baked 2!
- 2 Jacket Potatoes
- 1 Packet Vegetarian Tuna
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tbsp Mayo
- 1 can Sweet Corn
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- To taste: S & P, mustard, tabasco
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Wash the potatoes.
- Cut a cross in the middle of the potato.
- Poke all sides with a fork for even baking.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 mins.
- In the meantime, wash the tuna with a strainer to remove excess oil.
- Mix tuna with Mayo, salt, pepper, tabasco, mustard.
- Add sweet corn to the mixture.
- Put this mixture in the potato when it’s done.
- Top it up with pieces of Avocado and sprinkle Chia Seeds on top!
My husband really enjoyed this for lunch 🙂 So it’s definitely going to be something we have more often. I’ve just been in the whole AVOCADO mood. 🙂 Hope everyones been fab!
8 thoughts on “Vegetarian Tuna Avocado Jacket Potato Topped with Chia Seeds”
I am really curious how this veg tuna tastes! Is it made of soy/ seitan?
It’s made of soy. I’ve not found it in London though – I usually bring a few packets from Singapore! 🙂 The taste of veg tuna is really similar to the real thing (which I used to love as a non-veg, so its really great!) You should def try it out!
Hahah! nice. I have been a vegetarian all my life so I haven’t tasted tuna at all but I did try veggie chicken and veggie crab I think and quite liked it so it makes me brave enough to want to give this veggie tuna a try! 😀
Let meknow if you like it, or find it too strong!
ah yes, the avocado mood. Love it! Looks tasty.
Thanks Liz! 🙂
Great idea for a topping!