I finally tried a green smoothie after thinking it looks like Shrek’s pee. I’ve been hearing about all the health benefits about the it so thought i would give it a go. I didn’t have chia seeds or flax seeds on hand but will definitely be adding it next time.
There you have it – a GREEN SMOOTHIE!
B’s Easy Green Smoothie
Makes: 2 glasses
- 2 sliced frozen banana
- 1 cup of Kale
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Put liquids in the blender first and then remaining ingredients.
- Blend till its smooth!
Note: You can put 2 cups of kale instead but since I am new to this I preferred tasting just banana. Although it appears to look rather green, the kale was completely tasteless. Honey is optional as it is sweet enough without honey! it’s amazing how sweet bananas actually are 🙂
- Kale peach banana smoothie and my green smoothie strategy (leggysmoothies.wordpress.com)
- My Green Smoothie Recipe (healthyhitsthespot.com)
- Weight-Loss: Super Green Smoothie (foxbodyfitclub.wordpress.com)
- Low Calorie Smoothies – Tomato, Kale, Carrots, and Celery; Very Green! (bestfruitsmoothies.com)
- Are Green Smoothies Good or Bad for You? (theepochtimes.com)
- The Green Smoothie (cleanhealthjourney.wordpress.com)
- Kale Smoothies for Great Ph Balance – Where There is a Hill, There is a Way (naturalremediesblog.net)