Hello everyone! i’n going to be blogging a bit more than my usual to compensate for my absence. So even if I was not missed – let’s just pretend I was 🙂 HAHA!
Last weekend I went to Brighton for the second time and it was lovely. When I first went there I was a bit taken aback by the lack of sand on the beach. I’m more used to Australian Beaches (Manly Beach, Bondi Beach, Gold Coast etc) where your foot just sinks in the soft sand. However, never seeing a pebbly beach before I was intrigued.
This made me return there 🙂
I absolutely love beaches – just sitting and watching the swash and backwash of waves gives me a sense of peace. The concept of water merging with water and forming an indistinguishable embodiment of water is intriguing. It draws a parralel to humanity – we are all the same, yet we aren’t. We merge into one light at the end (that’s what I believe). I wasn’t planning to get philosophical there 😉 But yet I absolutely love sitting in beaches. This one was a bit different as it did HURT.
TIPS FOR BRIGHTON BEACH:
- Take a comfy picnic mat – as stones can be rather pokey.
- Take a pack of playing cards to play (just because we did that) haha!
- Eat yummy vegetarian food in Pompoko (Japanese restaurant!) A great find 🙂
- Watch the sun set and take silhouette pictures – just because they come out so artistic.
- If taking a car, park after 5pm as it’s a flat rate of 5 pounds.
Here are some pictures of our trip:
The yummy vegetarian food in Brighton deserves a separate caption…
(Vegetarian Prawns: Basically crispy tofu with veggies in the middle)
Tofu Sesame Don 🙂
The last time I went to Brighton we couldn’t find anything vegetarian besides pizza, so this was really a refreshing option for vegetarians.
Brighton is worth a day trip for visitors in London 🙂
- Welcome to Brighton! (laurenlivinginlondon.wordpress.com)
- Cadbury’s Giant Chocolate Castle on Brighton Beach (helix3dltd.wordpress.com)
- Brighton (7philip.wordpress.com)
4 thoughts on “B’s Day Trip to Brighton”
The vegetarian prawns looked really yummy!! You are making me hungry going through this post!!
They were amazing L! I was one happy vegetarian at that point. 😉 It’s ok I made you hungry – u practically got me drooling with your fluffy pancake post! I actually want a pancake griddle now..! XX
One of my fav summer place while in London :):)
Summer is incomplete without a visit to Brighton 🙂 I am sure you will agree with me 😉