Yummy. Home-made pesto cannot be compared to the store bought kind at all! It simply melts in your mouth. I made the pesto a day earlier as I wanted it to sit in the fridge overnight to make it more flavourful. Pesto and Brushchetta are both notoriously famous for their garlic flavour. I however do not like garlic. I find the smell rather pungent and the after-taste deadly. So here you have it Basil and Brushchetta without garlic. Feel free to add garlic if you like the taste as it does enhance it for garlic-fans!
Here’s a picture of my masterpiece 😉
Doesn’t that just look gorgeous? YES – food can look gorgeous. 😉
Here’s what I did..
First I made the pesto…
Then I used my home-made bread (pan-toasted first) and topped it with everything. Ready to go in the oven!
And out it comes! All ready to feast on. It screams EAT ME NOW! 🙂
B’s Basil Pesto Brushchetta
Makes: As many as you spread!
Ingredients for pesto:
- 2 cups of basil leaves (removes stems of course!)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup of cheese (I used cheddar as that’s what I had at home!)
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for Brushchetta:
- Pomodoro Fresh Tomatoes
- Bread (toasted first)
- A bit of cheese
- Fresh Basil leaves (torn for the garnish)
- Salt and Pepper
- Blend basil leaves, pine nuts and cheese together using a food processor. Add olive oil and blend again. Add salt and pepper.
- Toast home-made bread. I like doing this on the pan as I love how it comes out 🙂
- Spread basil pesto on bread, top with chopped tomatoes. Add salt and pepper.
- Top with some cheese.
- Put in oven (about 190 C) till cheese has melted.