I’ve been MIA for a bit but am back in case I was missed 😉
Thought I’d make something different – so voila! It was pretty tasty but not perfect. So I will def be trying it again 🙂
First I steamed the sweet potato and butter squash cubes:
Then I mashed em and added melted butter with seasonings…
Voila! It was a perfect side.
B’s Sweet Potato and Butter Squash Mash Recipe
Makes: Enough for 2-3 people as a side
- 250g Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash (cut in cubes)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- salt, pepper and chilli flakes
- Steam the Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash for 15-20 mins. It’s ready when it’s very soft!
- Mash it with melted butter and season to taste.
SIMPLE & EASY! Being vegetarian is not hard. It’s easy when you use culinary skills – ok so not quite. 😉 It’s easy when you use different ingredients and have a variety of food on the table!
- Healthy Wholesome Eating: Travis Marmara’s Recipe for Butternut Squash Soup (livegreenbegreen.com)
- A Vegetarian Thanksgiving (wayfair.com)
- Des’ Cupboard Creations: Butternut Squash Soup (new102.cbslocal.com)
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Mash with Tahini & Broccoli (sweetpotatoruns.com)
- Squash Season (soupsundays.wordpress.com)
- Simple Butternut Squash (foodieforfamily.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Sweet Potato Soup (silkandspiceblog.wordpress.com)