I’ve been MIA for a bit but am back in case I was missed 😉
Thought I’d make something different – so voila! It was pretty tasty but not perfect. So I will def be trying it again 🙂
First I steamed the sweet potato and butter squash cubes:
Then I mashed em and added melted butter with seasonings…
Voila! It was a perfect side.
B’s Sweet Potato and Butter Squash Mash Recipe
Makes: Enough for 2-3 people as a side
- 250g Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash (cut in cubes)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- salt, pepper and chilli flakes
- Steam the Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash for 15-20 mins. It’s ready when it’s very soft!
- Mash it with melted butter and season to taste.
SIMPLE & EASY! Being vegetarian is not hard. It’s easy when you use culinary skills – ok so not quite. 😉 It’s easy when you use different ingredients and have a variety of food on the table!
- Healthy Wholesome Eating: Travis Marmara’s Recipe for Butternut Squash Soup (livegreenbegreen.com)
- A Vegetarian Thanksgiving (wayfair.com)
- Des’ Cupboard Creations: Butternut Squash Soup (new102.cbslocal.com)
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Mash with Tahini & Broccoli (sweetpotatoruns.com)
- Squash Season (soupsundays.wordpress.com)
- Simple Butternut Squash (foodieforfamily.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Sweet Potato Soup (silkandspiceblog.wordpress.com)
10 thoughts on “B’s Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Mash Recipe”
Yummy! It’s great when something so delicious can be easily made 🙂
Yes! You should def try it out 🙂
and it’s not even Friday 🙂 Looks good–seasonal, too! Squash sounds fantastic right about now. Like your recipe much.
Yes! It’s seasonal – that’s why gave it a go! Thanks so much Liz for all the support and comments. 🙂
Yummy! And welcome back. 🙂
Thanks Ginger!! Always nice to be missed 🙂 xx
I always make butternut squash mash (hubby is not a fan, though) but never thought of blending it with anything else. Great idea!
It turned out well, do give it a go 🙂 Let me know how you like it!! Yeah even my hubby is not a great fan of butternut squash but he likes sweet potato. So this worked out well 🙂
Yummy! Thank you for sharing! 🙂
🙂 thanks for stopping by!