YUMMY. This recipe came about one day when we didn’t have bread in the pantry but had croissants. We wanted bread pudding but didn’t have bread. That just sounds ridiculous to not have the core ingredient! Then I thought to myself – croissants would be a far better substitute. The texture of croissants allow greater absorption of the creamy mixture and biting into that – would well be somewhat divine. Bread pudding is already such a treat, can you imagine it with buttery croissants? My husband LOVES NUTELLA. He eats it from the jar. That got me thinking… Buttery croissant pudding with.. Nutella? Better still, imagine it with oozing nutella. YUMMY. So I set it out to make it right!
I’ve made this 2-3 times as its still a pretty new invention. We had a poker night this weekend, so thought it was ideal for it. 🙂
Here’s the recipe for you to try out!
B’s Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding
Makes: 1 tray/pyrex
- 4 butter croissants
- Nutella (as much as you desire!)
- 700ml – 1 litre milk (depends how thick you want it)
- 1 cup double cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 tbsp custard powder
- Vanilla essence to taste
- Cut the croissants in half and put Nutella in the middle as a stuffing.
- Lay the Nutella prepared croissants in a dish.
- Beat together the milk, double cream, custard powder together. Add the sugar and vanilla essence.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about an hour.
Enjoy this easy dessert with simple pantry ingredients! xx
- Croissant Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce (phyllisgraveswhiteteam.wordpress.com)
- Blissful Nutella Croissant Bread & Butter Pudding (gheeshakar.wordpress.com)