Beautiful– that’s definitely a word that encapsulates the ambience of Vienna. The city resembled a postcard. It was surreal. I felt as if I was walking through a magazine with edited photographs!
We stayed in Pentahotel after thorough research on trip advisor. We wanted a good nights sleep with a budget price. In addition, it was accessible to a nearby train station. However my only complaint would be that it was a half an hour walk to the city center and this was misrepresented to us. We were told it was a 10 minute walk – unless of course the guy was sprinting in a marathon.
Here’s a picture of the hotel:
Picture of our room:
It was contemporary and clean. I was definitely happy with it.
Some postcard-type of moments in Vienna: (FYI- These pictures are all un-edited!)
A different angle of The Belvedere. It was just breath-taking! And the walk there also took my breath away. It was so far! DO NOT TRUST AUSTRIANS when they say it’s a 5-10 minute walk. I am really skeptical as to what speed they walk.
A random church that we passed by as we walked and walked.
Stephansplatz at night!
Inside St. Peter’s Church. Divine!
Places I recommend:
- The Belvedere Palace- we almost didn’t end up going which would have been a real shame. It is simply gorgeous as you can see! You must go there to get a feel of Vienna.
- St. Peter’s Church – sometimes people feel if they have been to one church they have been to all. Fair enough. But this church had gorgeous architecture. It’s something worth visiting.
- Schonbrunn Palace- I absolutely loved the flower carpet. It was gorgeous! The colors were vibrant adding to the picturesque beauty of the whole place.
- The Imperial Palace (Hofburg). It’s a huge square which has the Spanish Horse Riding School as well. A beautiful place to walk around.
- Stephansplatz – the ultimate place for tourist. You can get souveniers and good food there! It’s best to go here at night to feel the city-life of Vienna. We go lucky as the 13th night was the Fashion Night of Vienna. There were street dances to entertain the crowd and freebies given at every corner. It was fantastic!
It was really a good holiday. Our second day in Vienna was only half a day as we hopped over to Slovakia to celebrate our anniversary. Slovakia deserves an entire blog post as well 😉 I’ll be posting up some stuff real soon!
- A place to go: Vienna (ddsllgirls.com)
- Travel: Palaces of Vienna (cestlaju.com)
- Belvedere Palace/Museum, Vienna, Austria (ourbeachcity.wordpress.com)
- Once in Vienna (nariange.wordpress.com)