I’ve always wanted to try to make coleslaw – as I know it’s pretty easy but the creaminess of it made me feel it shouldn’t be rendered a salad. LOL 😉 Prior to this recipe I came up with I’ve been buying store bought creamy coleslaw. I usually like coleslaw without onion and that’s not an option when you buy packaged coleslaw! So my version is healthier, onion-less and less creamy without compromising the taste.
Firstly, I used a food processor to grate carrots and cabbage:
And I whisked the dressing together… and tried it to make sure it was the taste I wanted… Hmm.. And adjusted it accordingly!
I refrigerated it for about 2-3 hours and let the flavours combine properly… 🙂 Doesn’t it look yummy?? 🙂
B’s Easy Coleslaw Recipe
Makes: Enough for 3-4 people as a side
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 1/2 cabbage head (grated)
- 6 tbsp ‘lighter than light’ mayonnaise (I buy into marketing! LOL)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp water
- salt, pepper
- Grate the carrots and cabbage finely.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Taste it once it’s done and adjust accordingly to your taste. If you do miss the cream, add a few tbsp of cream 🙂
- Mix the dressing with the salad and refrigerate!
That was simple! 🙂 Enjoy this nice side with jacket potatoes! 🙂
- Variations on Red Cabbage Coleslaw (hannahcuttingjones.wordpress.com)
- Are you aware that COLESLAW is a good recipe for Cancer prevention? (mojiakubudel.com)
- Summer BBQ Coleslaw (seasonsforcooking.wordpress.com)
- Gingered Carrot Coleslaw Recipe (rawlivingfoods.typepad.com)