In the midst of packing – I made a scrumptious Thai meal (Vegetarian Pad Thai). Easy to whip up for busy days. Thought I’d share it before going since my flight is pretty late at night anyways. I made extra so my husband can have it for lunch tomorrow. I’m nice like that. 🙂 So- voila!
It’s actually just a rice-noodle stir fry with Thai flavours infused in it. Very popular in Thailand 🙂
So here’s how I made it – hope you like it too! I actually don’t have it on Paprika since I don’t use a recipe for it. It’s my own version. 🙂
YUMMY-VEGETARIAN PAD THAI (for 2)
- Rice noodles (1/2 packet)
- Tofu (1/2 packet)
- Bean sprouts
- Chives – cut into small pieces
- Roasted peanuts – grind
- Seasoning: Red chilli powder, Light Soya Sauce, Dark Soya Sauce, Brown Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice, Cut Red Chilli
- Soak rice stick noodles in hot water for about 10-15 minutes until they are soft. Rise off.
- Pan-fry the tofu in big squares. Cut them up into little pieces after and keep aside.
- Put some oil in the pan, throw in all the ingredients except for peanuts.
- Stir fry everything together and add the seasoning.
- Season to taste
- Guidelines of my seasoning to my taste (lol): About 1 tsp red chilli, you can cut some red chilli on the side too. Around 2 tsp of light soya sauce and a bit more of dark to give it a nice color. Keep trying as you go along as there are different brands which have a distinct flavour. I put about 3 tbsp of brown sugar (quite a lot!) And I just put a tiny bit of salt (since soya sauce is salty). I put about 2-3 tsp of lemon juice.
- Lastly, add peanuts and garnish with cut red chili. Enjoy!
**Basically my tip with seasoning would be to keep trying as you go along till you are happy with the taste. I personally do not take too much spice. It’s meant to have a sweet-salty-spicy flavour!
Good luck and happy cooking!
5 thoughts on “Pad Thai”
I am pinning this for future consumption! It looks SO good! I would love for you to come by and link this or another recipe at my link party!! http://domesticsuperhero.com/2013/05/02/sharing-with-domestic-superhero-link-party-9/ Hope to see you!
Thanks! It was good, easy and yummy 😉 I will def check out your recipes too. Thanks for dropping by!
I absolutely love pad thai! I’ve always been too intimidated to try making it at home, but this recipe seems so doable! I’ll have to give it a try 🙂
Yeah this one’s really easy! 🙂 You can add whatever else you like – spring onions, garlic etc! But it’s a really good base recipe.
Let me know when you try it 🙂 x
Will do, thanks for the ideas!