Hello everyone. Fridays = Food. Well OK to be very honest, Everyday = Food! 🙂 I just absolutely love food. I’m always on the quest to try out new things as food should be interesting and fun! I bought rice paper and googled a few recipes for Vietnamese Rolls, most of which seemed rather yummy but I lacked ingredients, so I made up my own. 🙂 Yummy Vegetarian Rolls!
Don’t they just look gorgeous? I tried to make them as colorful as possible 🙂 It’s really a healthy side – somewhat like a salad roll. Yes that’s how I roll. LOL
Vietnamese Fusion Rolls with Peanut Hoisin Sauce
Makes enough for 2 people as a side.
- 4 rice paper sheets
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 tbsp sweet corn
- Mock Fish, baked and cut in strips
- 1/5 packet of Rice noodles, boiled and drained
- Some shredded lettuce
- Handful of Thai Basil Leaves
- FOR DIPPING SAUCE: 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce, Pepper, Water and Crushed Peanuts
- Prepare Rice Sheets (follow directions on the packet – Dip in warm water and it’s ready to roll!)
- Place the ingredients in the middle, and roll it upwards – just like a burrito. Simple.
- Mix the sauce in a bowl with some water and crushed peanuts. Mix it to the desired consistency and taste you would like. You can add some soya sauce if you like or chilli sauce!