Hello all! Today we felt like having noodles – okay when I say we I actually mean more my husband than me. I rather make something that would be appreciated to be eaten. The chef needs to be appreciated. When the eater goes hmmmm – it makes the chef feel good about the hard work that went into it 🙂 Ok – I have absolutely no idea why I’m calling myself a chef and speaking in third person today! I’m going to stop. LOL 🙂
Chinese Crispy noodles involve deep-frying and I didn’t feel like something so unhealthy so I made the exact gravy and had it with boiled noodles. However – for those of you who want to try it crispy – you can deep fry it or acti-fry it (less oil and same result).
I loved the way it looked.
Doesn’t it just look delish with the veggie chicken topped on it? It gave it a really new chewy texture!
B’s Vegetarian Chinese Crispy Noodles
Makes: Enough for 3-4
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 can of Water chestnut
- Baby corn
- Chinese dried mushrooms (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes – cut the stalks off)
- 1 cup of vegetable stock (I used OXO cube)
- 2 Chicken fillets (You can use Quorn steak strips too!)
- Sauces/Seasoning: 2 tbsp-Soya Sauce, 1 tbsp-Dark Soya Sauce, 1 tsp-Sweet Sauce, 1 tsp-Chilli Powder, 2-3tbsp-Mushroom water, Cornstarch (1 heaped tablespoon mixed with water)
- Saute ginger then add carrots and brocolli in sesame oil.
- Oven bake chicken and cut into strips. (Yummy!) 🙂
- In a separate pan, boil thin egg noodles. Drain the noodles once done. (To fry the noodles- deep fry the cooked noodles)
- Mix sauces/seasoning in a bowl with vegetable stock.
- When vegetables are cooked and sauces to it and bring to a boil. Add water-chestnut and mushrooms.
- Lastly, add cornstarch mixture and let it thicken to desired consistency.
Makes a one-pot vegetarian meal. Easy to make and healthy 🙂
9 thoughts on “B’s Vegetarian Chinese Crispy Noodles”
Love! Really looks good x
Thanks Dimple!! As always, pleasure to have you comment!
That is pretty 🙂 Your husband is a lucky man.
I think so too! HAHAHAHA 🙂 Thanks Liz!
These noodles look delicious!
Oh, that looks soooo yummy! 🙂
Thank you Lidia! It sure was 🙂
Hope you’ve been well! Thanks for dropping by – its always appreciated!
Mmmm crispy noodles 🙂 I am surprised that you like water chestnuts, not many do! 🙂
I really like water chestnuts! Like the crispy texture of it 🙂
Do you like them too?