Doesn’t the picture speak for itself? 😉 So I have left-over El Paso Fajita Sauce (about half a bottle). Was thinking of using it for lunch but didn’t have tortillas at home! So I came up with this idea 🙂 It actually worked really well. I used my Eggless Oven Pancake Recipe and topped it up with minced cooked in fajita sauce and cheese. A vegetarian easy mexican meal!
Got my ingredients ready:
And started baking the pancake base first. This took longer than my recipe as I doubled it.
Till its golden, and the tooth-pick comes out clean. You’re ready to go! Start topping it up!
B’s Eggless Oven Pancake Topped with a Mexican Quorn Minced Twist
Bakes: One pancake for 2 people
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk + 1 tbsp vinegar (for the buttermilk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A bit of butter to butter the tray
- Quorn Minced (1/3 packet)
- Fajita Sauce (1/2 bottle) + 1 tsp Tomato Puree
- Preheat oven to 210 C.
- Pour a bit less than 1 cup of milk in a measuring cup. Add 1 tbsp of vinegar to it and let it sit for 5 minutes. This becomes your buttermilk.
- Pout milk in a bowl and mix in the flour and salt with a whisk.
- Don’t overmix as it will lose its fluffiness as a pancake. (Just FYI)
- Pour in a greased pyrex dish.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes till it’s golden (you can put a foil over it after 30 mins).
- Cook mince in the fajita sauce, a bit of water and 1 tsp of tomato puree. Let it simmer till mince is cooked. Stir occasionally,
- Top the pancake with the mixture and cheese and grill in oven till the cheese is melted.
Note: Serve with a salad to balance this meal 🙂
Hope you enjoy it!