My most used app ever. Whatsapp. I honestly forgot it was even an “app”! I use it more than normal messaging. I downloaded it when it was FREE (I’m usually that sort) but as a paid app it’s definitely worth it – as once you have paid, unlimited text around the world with other whatsapp users.
In addition, it gives the user the ability to create group messages up with up to 30 participants. This enables me to keep in touch with my cousins scattered around the globe. Namely in: Thailand, Singapore, London, USA, Copenhagen, Indonesia, Australia, Shanghai etc. My phone is constantly buzzing due to the different timezones. With this app, I constantly feel like there’s always someone who is a message away. Though, don’t be alarmed – chats can be muted with ease if this level of social networking terrifies you.
The picture above is a snapshot of my iPhone. I absolutely love being in touch with my family and friends. Relationships are a beautiful gift from life, some you are born with and some you create along the way. Some obviously you are stuck with 😉 Whatsapp enables you to be in the person’s life without personally being there – just through a simple free text. Somehow, I am not too keen to being on the phone extensively. I prefer just sending a message across if I am thinking of someone instead of making a phone call. Small talk isn’t me, small message is!
Features that Whatsapp has which enables users to:
- Send free text messages to anyone with Whatsapp (You can view compatible contacts under “contacts” in the app)
- Send audio/video/photos to users or in chats
- SendCurrent location map – this is especially useful if you are meeting a friend and are lost!
- Broadcast Message to groups of people – this is efficient if you want the same message sent to many different people. I use this for New Year Wishes to all!
- Personalize your display picture, and name
These are the predominant features of this app. Hope you enjoy it 🙂
- WhatsApp Has ‘More Users Than Twitter’ – Sky News (news.sky.com)
- WhatsApp bigger than Twitter (rightmobilephone.co.uk)
- WhatsApp reaches 20 billion messages a day, CEO calls it “Bigger than Twitter” (digitaltrends.com)