‘Tis the season to be merry! The Xmas spirit is prevalent in London which makes your spirits high as a result. I’ve been trying new festive party finger food for sides!
Today, I tried out Avocado Chips. I came across a video on Facebook and felt this is a must try for B’s Kitchen! So voila! Except I tweaked it quite a bit, as it needed to be eggless (vegeterian). The egg factor for crusted chips are usually the egg wash it is dipped in, prior to coating.
This got me thinking, dipping it in something thicker and more flavourful than just (cornflour + water). I came up with an idea of mixing mayonnaise with mustard and a little of milk. Ironically, it even resembled egg, but I came up with something that’s vegetarian, eggless and flavourful.
Avocado (Mustard-Mayonnaise) Crusted Chips
Makes: Around 6-8 Chips
- 1 large ripened Avocado
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Mayonaise + 2 tbsp Mustard mixed together
- Oregano, Salt & Pepper
- Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the avocado into wedges.
- Mix a little milk with mayonnaise-mustard mixture till a bit thinner. The consistency should be of egg.
- Add oregano, salt and pepper to the breadcrumbs.
- Lay out three bowls with flour, mustard-mayonnaise mixture & breadcrumbs respectively.
- Dip the avocado in the flour till its coated.
- Next, dip in the mustard-mayonnaise mixture till its covered.
- Finally, ensure it is well coated with breadcrumbs.
- Spray the wedges with some oil and put bake for 8 mins.
- Remove from the oven and flip the wedges over and spray with oil once again.
- Return the tray to the oven for another 8-10 mins till the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Enjoy with any dipping sauce of your choice!
These Avocado chips were worth my messy hands!! Give it a try for a healthy twist on chips.