Yes – so I’ve made eggless scones many times. This is very easy and quick. My previous recipe does not seem to work as well for me as I’ve made tiny adjustments here and there.
I’ve also experimented a lot with Nutella as a topping as that’s just a winner. 😉 Baking eggless scones is really easy, so if you haven’t tried it out – you really really should. Most recipes online for scones are eggless if you omit brushing the top with egg and replace it with milk.
This picture should entice you… Hmmmm… It’s ready to eat 😉
I’ve taken pictures before the toppings too! Ok so I take a lot of food photos.
Scones before the free fat topping. (I love doing that: free fat. The reverse of FAT FREE. How can a dessert be FAT FREE? It’s FREE FAT FOR ALL! Can’t allow me to get FAT ALONE!)
B’s Easy Eggless Scones
Bakes: About 4-5 large scones
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 60g Unsalted Cold butter, cut into cubes
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120 ml milk , a bit extra for brushing
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Mix together the flour, salt and rub the butter. Make sure the butter is cold. This ensures softer scones.
- Add in the sugar. Mix in the milk and mix lightly to form a dough. Do not knead. (NO NEED TO KNEAD!! LOL)
- Move to a floured surface and cut the shapes required.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, till golden on the top.
- Serve with clotted cream, jam or Nutella. 🙂
Finally my revised version of eggless scones. Have been meaning to do this- as I don’t use my previous recipe much anymore! We had this with hot custard the other day and it was divine. 🙂
- B’s Eggless Oven Pancake Topped With Frozen Banana (ice-cream) (bandhnakaur.wordpress.com)
- B’s Eggless Oven Pancakes with a Mexican Quorn Minced Twist (bandhnakaur.wordpress.com)